Things were pretty quiet here over the weekend and that’s never a bad thing. It was a little too cold to get to our outdoor projects and also Sunday was my birthday!
Replacing 150 year old Window Panes
Last weekend Jim and a couple of other local men got together and repaired the damages to the local church after our last wind storm. The only thing not touched were the three window panes which broke.
Local Church Sustains Wind Damage
This week we had another nor’easter storm blow through. We didn’t get any of the snow that was forecasted but the winds packed a punch. Our local church didn’t make it through the storm unscathed.
Milling Lumber for the Kiln Shed Trusses
When we built the walls for the 10 x 20 foot kiln shed, we milled the 2 x 4 lumber and built a wall. Then repeat, repeat, repeat until the four walls were up. Now we are on to the roof trusses and decided to mill all of the lumber first.
Creating Air Flow in the Shipping Container
Ever since we got the shipping container we have had a problem with condensation on the inside, especially dripping from the ceiling. Makes storing anything inside sketchy. We picked up a new, second hand roof turbine to help get the air flowing.
Kiln Shed: The Walls
On Mondays post I showed you the beginnings of the kiln shed. Last fall we prepared the base, no easy task getting things level, and last weekend Jim got started on the walls.
It was a quiet weekend here, uneventful really, just how we like it. Saturday was hot and humid but Sunday was cool and cloudy. We spent Saturday morning revisiting the first side of the shipping container.
Shipping Container: No progress
When we last talked, the shipping container progress looked like this…
Shipping Container: Progress Continues
I was wishing for a cloudy day and today started that way so we were out ready to work by 8am.
Kings United Church: Painting the new front steps
Last we left of with the front steps we finished building the new and scraping paint off the old.