Finally a perfect storm of good cooler weather and Jim feeling better got us back out to work on the shipping container board and batten.
When we last worked on this project we had it about 3/4 finished on the first side.
It seems like a really long time since we worked on getting the board and batten up, and it has been. But now we are ready to get going again.
When we first started back, Jim noticed that the mill would start no problem but not stay running. A quick check of the engine and Jim was gone to the workshop to blow the sawdust out of the air filter using his air compressor. After that it was smooth sailing.
We had left lots of the thinner boards ready for installation but we couldn’t start until we cut some wider boards first.
It went pretty smoothly and we managed to get the first side complete in the morning.
The down side, at least for me, is there is a lot of waste slabs. Here is the pile from just milling to get the boards for this side.
So, after lunch we got to work chipping…
From farther away you can see how big the pile of sawdust is…and the pile of slabs yet to chip.
And all finished.
One side down…one to go plus the end which isn’t much really.
Previous | more coming soon