Kings United Church: The Doors
After completing the siding, next up was to replace the front doors of the church. We didn’t get too many pics of the process since it was all hands on deck. The old doors were in rough shape. Russell said they were 50- 60 years old. The bottoms of both doors had seen better days.
The new doors arrived and after a few measurements we concluded that the height of the new doors was perfect for the opening with a few shims, but we needed to widen the opening by a few inches.
Jim got right to work on that. It wasn’t as bad as expected considering the church was built in 1859.
Here are the new doors and door trim from the inside. Also installed new hardware.
Update June 8th.
We got the interior trim all painted.
Next up is replacing the doorstep and painting columns and wind break wall.