Gina found this recipe somewhere online, a very simple cookie to make. Makes a rich, delicate butter cookie.
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 t almond flavor
- 2/3 cup sugar
Pour in while mixing to make a dough
- 2 cups flour
- Refrigerate 45 min.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Walnut size dough pieces on pan, make small impression in dough, drop in jam.
- Bake 10 min.
- Make sure the dough is covered well otherwise it will crust over in the fridge. Not a major concern, just worthy noting.
- We used a #16 scoop to make the size.
- What you see in the picture is what we got from the batch, all onto one pan.
- At 10 min the cookie still had a shine on the top, meaning it was not baked enough. We went 2 more minutes and took them out. They are just barely done. Next time we will try baking them at 375F for 10 minutes.
- If you enjoy the buttery mouth texture, these are a very good cookie.
- Alternate recipes could be a lemon zest or orange zest. You could half dip or drizzle the orange cookies with chocolate. Today we used a simple glaze in a wax piping tube.