The design of the mechanism that raised and lowered the crosswind plastic windows did not compensate for strong winds. When the wind blows from certain directions, it catches the end openings when the plastic is in the lowered position. He asked if the mechanism could be sheilded. I built what I call “wind jammers” and I fixed a few other things while there.
Looking towards the rear of the new barn.
Both pics below are the “before” shots. You’ll see the mechanism on the rear corner that raises and lowers the plastic panels.
What I decided to build were plywood covers that still allowed the ventilation sides to be rolled up and down.