After completing the siding, next up was to replace the front doors of the church. We didn’t get too many pics of the process since it was all hands on deck. The old doors were in rough shape. Russell said they were 50- 60 years old. The bottoms of both doors had seen better days.
On Wednesday morning, May 24th, we started the task of replacing the siding on the south side of Kings United church. It was put on 30 years ago and in the last few years it sustained damage from high winds. The other 3 sides of the church are still holding strong. Also we will be working on the steeple on the south side which is also severely damaged.
Starting at the back putting on the first course of siding we ran into a section under the first window that was totally rotten. Practically nothing left.
I had this idea over a year ago, just getting around to trying it out now. I am going to build a air source solar panel box using recycled cardboard tubes, a piece of plywood and a clear plastic panel I bought at the store. Follow along, ask questions and provide comments!
Continue reading Building an air solar panel
If you have upgraded to LED lights in your home or are thinking about upgrading, here’s something to look for during installation. Continue reading LED retrofitting considerations
In August 2014 I replaced the builder grade “boob light” for something I thought had more lighting capability. The track lighting was a special order from the local store. Continue reading Upgrading office lighting to LED
This is a completely new decking system for me to install. So follow along in a few short videos of the different sections of railing, tips on cutting vinyl and other things learned along the way.
This morning we have the task of building a deck for one of our mom’s. There’s things to do before we can go over. A neighbour is coming over for a hair cut so while Gina is busy with that, I had to fill in my time.
Backing up and not paying attention has its consequences, as my dear wife’s mom discovered not once… but twice! The last time was just a run in with the door frame, cracking the trim in half. This time was more serious. The only damage to Kathryn was her pride… and a little bit to her truck.
Cutting glass is fairly easy. I’done it with reasonable success over the years. The other day I got the idea to cut a couple pieces of mirror for a project. Its a little more difficult than regular glass and I eventually learned…
When I built this garage 7-8 years ago I reused windows from the in-laws large dining room window. I had to make up my own window casings and every other year I’d have to scrape and paint the casings. But, over time the water got in and leaks led to rot and mold. Time to replace them with some solid vinyl windows.