We finished painting and installing new flooring at a neighbours house yesterday. The flooring was tricky in spots with a lot of undercutting of the baseboard and sometimes removing it all together. All her door casings had plinth blocks.
We are still plugging away at a neighbours house, and yes…we are still painting. Yesterday we almost finished all the painting in the master vanity/walk-in closet/toilet-tub area but we ran out of white paint.
Here is the before of the closet… walls, ceiling, trim…everything was beige.
Yesterday we started a small job which has grown in size. If you remember, we had installed a new glass storm door for a neighbour a few weeks ago. At the time she mentioned she would like to have new flooring installed in two bedrooms: a spare bedroom and her master bedroom and ensuite, plus walk-in closet.
The spare room had some damage to the drywall where a cabinet had been removed, so she asked to have the drywall fixed and both rooms painted.
First up was fixing the drywall in the spare room.
The weather this past week was beautiful. Cool nights and warm afternoons with a good breeze. Can’t complain. We got a start on milling the pine logs, I would say we are NEARLY half way through the pile. We try and get in a few hours everyday, only way to get them milled it seems. One noteworthy log measured 16 inches across.
So much to do and so little time. Thats how it seems anyways. We haven’t had a chance to mill anymore poplar logs and now we have a pile of pine to get done before winter. We have a running list in the office and other things have to get done first.
A lady in our neck of the woods contacted Jim to see if he would have time to install a new glass storm door for her.
When we last talked, the shipping container progress looked like this…
The last thing on our to-do list for Kings United Church was to make a new sign for beside the new front doors.
Last we left of with the front steps we finished building the new and scraping paint off the old.
The folks at Kings United Church asked for two new signs for the church. One for beside the front doors (which Jim is working on) and another for the side of the church that faces the road. So we got to work on the largest sign first.