We finished painting and installing new flooring at a neighbours house yesterday. The flooring was tricky in spots with a lot of undercutting of the baseboard and sometimes removing it all together. All her door casings had plinth blocks.
We are still plugging away at a neighbours house, and yes…we are still painting. Yesterday we almost finished all the painting in the master vanity/walk-in closet/toilet-tub area but we ran out of white paint.
Here is the before of the closet… walls, ceiling, trim…everything was beige.
Yesterday we started a small job which has grown in size. If you remember, we had installed a new glass storm door for a neighbour a few weeks ago. At the time she mentioned she would like to have new flooring installed in two bedrooms: a spare bedroom and her master bedroom and ensuite, plus walk-in closet.
The spare room had some damage to the drywall where a cabinet had been removed, so she asked to have the drywall fixed and both rooms painted.
First up was fixing the drywall in the spare room.
The weather is holding at decent temperatures for working outdoors. When I said we hoped to have the ground leveled out before winter I thought it was a pipe dream. Here is where we left off…
Never thought I would say this but we started expanding the work yard today. Going inwards on each side of the road about 30-40 ft. For now it will be a place to put flitches and rejects off the mill. Afterwards it’ll be space for a couple 10×20 sheds. Its a sloped hill, so dirt removed from the left side will be used to fill in the right side.
We are the caretakers of the cemetery across the lake from us. We have been for about 11 years now. That involves mowing and any repairs we see fit. Saturday we spent the afternoon at the cemetery filling in low spots in the grass and straightening some headstones. As you can see, this one is tilting forward quite a bit. It is actually tilted more than this picture shows since the cemetery is on a hill.
The other evening after supper we spied four deer on our front lawn. The most we have ever seen at one time before was three, usually a mother and two babies. They stayed for close to an hour, eating of course. They looked very healthy.
This was the largest one, we assume its the Mom.
Another week has flown by. With the days getting shorter, there is no time after supper to get anything accomplished outdoors. That leaves us with afternoons and weekends.
Equipment maintenance is important. You work hard for your money so when you spend that money on something, you want that something to last as long as possible. When it comes to big and small engines, the common maintenance task is the oil change. An hour meter can solve that problem.
Today we install one on a saw mill. The best part is its super easy.
The weather this past week was beautiful. Cool nights and warm afternoons with a good breeze. Can’t complain. We got a start on milling the pine logs, I would say we are NEARLY half way through the pile. We try and get in a few hours everyday, only way to get them milled it seems. One noteworthy log measured 16 inches across.