What you see here is the before and after of a job we completed in less than 2 days this week. Click on any image to view full size.
The last thing on our to-do list for Kings United Church was to make a new sign for beside the new front doors.
Last we left of with the front steps we finished building the new and scraping paint off the old.
The folks at Kings United Church asked for two new signs for the church. One for beside the front doors (which Jim is working on) and another for the side of the church that faces the road. So we got to work on the largest sign first.
On Saturday morning we built a log planter and it was free!!! That is the best kind of planter. It turned out great, follow along and see how we did it.
After completing the siding, next up was to replace the front doors of the church. We didn’t get too many pics of the process since it was all hands on deck. The old doors were in rough shape. Russell said they were 50- 60 years old. The bottoms of both doors had seen better days.
On Wednesday morning, May 24th, we started the task of replacing the siding on the south side of Kings United church. It was put on 30 years ago and in the last few years it sustained damage from high winds. The other 3 sides of the church are still holding strong. Also we will be working on the steeple on the south side which is also severely damaged.
Starting at the back putting on the first course of siding we ran into a section under the first window that was totally rotten. Practically nothing left.
Bring us your sick, your injured, heck, even your dead… and we’ll do what we can to bring some life back into that woodworking project you love so much. Continue reading Wheelbarrow revival
Earlier today I was pulling dandelions. I had dumped a bucket full and was into the second filling when the black flies got too bad and I gave up. I just set the bucket and weed killer next to the doorstep. Look who showed up to the bucket buffet!