The forecast called for rain all weekend but we went out Saturday morning anyways to see what we could get done before it started to rain.
On the weekend we started on the second side of the shipping container board and batten project.
Before we move on to the other side of the shipping container we decided to do a much needed cleanup of our work area. In the background of this pic you can see the 2 large piles of logs that need to be dealt with.
Finally a perfect storm of good cooler weather and Jim feeling better got us back out to work on the shipping container board and batten.
When we last talked, the shipping container progress looked like this…
I was wishing for a cloudy day and today started that way so we were out ready to work by 8am.
Back to work on the shipping container.
We had this 40 foot shipping container delivered two years ago and are finally getting around to covering up the ugly.
I milled some of the smaller sugar maple limbs for live edge slabs. The limbs had a curve to them, so I cut them live edge to get the most I could from the limbs. The limbs were about 9-10 inches wide.
Today I set about to slab the remaining trunk portion of this big ol’ sugar maple tree. This is not the stump. The trunk at the stump is well, still on the stump. It was cut this high off of the ground to safely fell the tree.