We are still plugging away at a neighbours house, and yes…we are still painting. Yesterday we almost finished all the painting in the master vanity/walk-in closet/toilet-tub area but we ran out of white paint.
Here is the before of the closet… walls, ceiling, trim…everything was beige.
Yesterday we started a small job which has grown in size. If you remember, we had installed a new glass storm door for a neighbour a few weeks ago. At the time she mentioned she would like to have new flooring installed in two bedrooms: a spare bedroom and her master bedroom and ensuite, plus walk-in closet.
The spare room had some damage to the drywall where a cabinet had been removed, so she asked to have the drywall fixed and both rooms painted.
First up was fixing the drywall in the spare room.
We bought this tub through Sears, its made of fiberglass and acrylic. A few months after we bought it we found another style at Rona, which, for $200 more was better styled and thicker walls. Almost like a slipper foot style, but I was committed to this tub, so it stays.
Spent the day finishing installing the Durock cement board, installing most of the drywall except where the plumberneeds to work. I’ve been told that 1/2 plywood could have been used or “green board” (moisture resistant drywall). I opted to use the Durock.