Knowing that it was going to be along term project to remove the dirt behind the workshop I had to choose what type of machinery I was going to need to get the job done. Renting a backhoe was out of the question because the amount of time needed to have one on hand, would cost as much as buying one. Neither of which is affordable. So I went with the option of purchasing an attachment for the skidsteer.
Got some more seat time in the CAT this evening. Its been slow progress moving the dirt, as I don’t seem to get much time. The days are getting shorter now, and hopefully the days will get a bit cooler.
Slowly making my way to levelling out the hill in behind the workshop. The Big Arm attachment is made in Canada by Horst Welding in Ontario. Also making use of the screener I built for sifting the soil.
While digging out behind the workshop I ran into this beast. We’ve been debating the removal of a shrub in the garden, so this rock would make a good replacement.