We are still plugging away at a neighbours house, and yes…we are still painting. Yesterday we almost finished all the painting in the master vanity/walk-in closet/toilet-tub area but we ran out of white paint.
Here is the before of the closet… walls, ceiling, trim…everything was beige.
Yesterday we started a small job which has grown in size. If you remember, we had installed a new glass storm door for a neighbour a few weeks ago. At the time she mentioned she would like to have new flooring installed in two bedrooms: a spare bedroom and her master bedroom and ensuite, plus walk-in closet.
The spare room had some damage to the drywall where a cabinet had been removed, so she asked to have the drywall fixed and both rooms painted.
First up was fixing the drywall in the spare room.
While waiting for that to dry, we started on the master. First up was removing the carpet, underlay, and tack strips.
We were working around the bed and dresser so once we removed the flooring from one side of the room, we moved the furniture and continued with the removal on the other side.
Above is the vanity area and walk-in closet. To the right is the room with tub and toilet. That vinyl flooring was removed next.
With the floors all swept up we started on painting the master bedroom.
All trim (and there is a lot) was painted white while the walls were painted grey. At the end of the first day we had the master bedroom painted with two coats of grey. The Benjamin Moore Aura brand paint allows for a second coat in 1-2 hours. Next we will move into the vanity area, walk-in closet and toilet/tub area.
Still quite a few days of work left on this job.
On our way down her driveway at 5pm to go home we spotted two racoons in a tree on her lawn.
The weather this past week was beautiful. Cool nights and warm afternoons with a good breeze. Can’t complain. We got a start on milling the pine logs, I would say we are NEARLY half way through the pile. We try and get in a few hours everyday, only way to get them milled it seems. One noteworthy log measured 16 inches across.
So much to do and so little time. Thats how it seems anyways. We haven’t had a chance to mill anymore poplar logs and now we have a pile of pine to get done before winter. We have a running list in the office and other things have to get done first.
A lady in our neck of the woods contacted Jim to see if he would have time to install a new glass storm door for her.
Since we replaced the front doors of the church, everything else around them need to be spruced up too. We were asked to build a new front landing and step. The old one had seen better days so we decided that would be our next project.
After completing the siding, next up was to replace the front doors of the church. We didn’t get too many pics of the process since it was all hands on deck. The old doors were in rough shape. Russell said they were 50- 60 years old. The bottoms of both doors had seen better days.
On Wednesday morning, May 24th, we started the task of replacing the siding on the south side of Kings United church. It was put on 30 years ago and in the last few years it sustained damage from high winds. The other 3 sides of the church are still holding strong. Also we will be working on the steeple on the south side which is also severely damaged.
Starting at the back putting on the first course of siding we ran into a section under the first window that was totally rotten. Practically nothing left.
I had this idea over a year ago, just getting around to trying it out now. I am going to build a air source solar panel box using recycled cardboard tubes, a piece of plywood and a clear plastic panel I bought at the store. Follow along, ask questions and provide comments! Continue reading Building an air solar panel→