After completing the siding, next up was to replace the front doors of the church. We didn’t get too many pics of the process since it was all hands on deck. The old doors were in rough shape. Russell said they were 50- 60 years old. The bottoms of both doors had seen better days.
On Wednesday morning, May 24th, we started the task of replacing the siding on the south side of Kings United church. It was put on 30 years ago and in the last few years it sustained damage from high winds. The other 3 sides of the church are still holding strong. Also we will be working on the steeple on the south side which is also severely damaged.
Starting at the back putting on the first course of siding we ran into a section under the first window that was totally rotten. Practically nothing left.
If you have upgraded to LED lights in your home or are thinking about upgrading, here’s something to look for during installation. Continue reading LED retrofitting considerations
This is a completely new decking system for me to install. So follow along in a few short videos of the different sections of railing, tips on cutting vinyl and other things learned along the way.
This morning we have the task of building a deck for one of our mom’s. There’s things to do before we can go over. A neighbour is coming over for a hair cut so while Gina is busy with that, I had to fill in my time.
Backing up and not paying attention has its consequences, as my dear wife’s mom discovered not once… but twice! The last time was just a run in with the door frame, cracking the trim in half. This time was more serious. The only damage to Kathryn was her pride… and a little bit to her truck.
When I built this garage 7-8 years ago I reused windows from the in-laws large dining room window. I had to make up my own window casings and every other year I’d have to scrape and paint the casings. But, over time the water got in and leaks led to rot and mold. Time to replace them with some solid vinyl windows.
It wasn’t long after we had finished the basement that we started hearing sounds in the walls and ceiling… and sometimes a foul smell. Those who know that dead mouse smell… well, you know. We never did see mice droppings for the years prior to the basement being renovated. The last thing I wanted to do was open up the walls…
A few final pictures. I didn’t get a chance to take many pictures of building the screens. But here’s a few points to remember.
All stained, still waiting for the glass. The following few pics show the screen door built on the south side, and adjusting the door so that it can swing open. A sloped door presents its own set of challenges.