The last thing on our to-do list for Kings United Church was to make a new sign for beside the new front doors.
The folks at Kings United Church asked for two new signs for the church. One for beside the front doors (which Jim is working on) and another for the side of the church that faces the road. So we got to work on the largest sign first.
After completing the siding, next up was to replace the front doors of the church. We didn’t get too many pics of the process since it was all hands on deck. The old doors were in rough shape. Russell said they were 50- 60 years old. The bottoms of both doors had seen better days.
On Wednesday morning, May 24th, we started the task of replacing the siding on the south side of Kings United church. It was put on 30 years ago and in the last few years it sustained damage from high winds. The other 3 sides of the church are still holding strong. Also we will be working on the steeple on the south side which is also severely damaged.
Starting at the back putting on the first course of siding we ran into a section under the first window that was totally rotten. Practically nothing left.
A little bit of weekend sweat equity and about $500 in materials brought a nice update to the bathroom. Some paint colour changes and an installation of Shaker room batten style trim work.
This is how we roll 🙂 All packed up, destination Halifax! We have the log reindeer, an assortment of yard art projects, like penguins, 3D angels, a 3D tree and how can we forget… Continue reading Reindeer U-Pick
This little guy is easy to make from short bits of wood that are probably in your wood pile. You need the following: Continue reading Log Reindeer
Making the most of scrap wood left overs. Here is a use for 3/4 inch thick plywood, but any thickness will do. About 3 inches in diameter. That dimension will fluctuate as you choose your parts, progress with your glue up and sanding.
These are for sale, $35 per set of 3.