This little guy is easy to make from short bits of wood that are probably in your wood pile. You need the following:
- Body: 6 to 7 inches x 22 to 24 inches
- Legs: 2 to 2-1/2 inches x 18 inches
- Neck: 3 inches x 8 inches
- Head: 4-1/2 inches x 10 inches
- Ears/Tail: 2-1/2 inches x 5 inches (makes two with a taper cut)
- Antlers: 24 inches high x 12 to 16 inches wide
Visit our Wood Projects Items For Sale to see if we have any available. If we don’t and you want one or more, let me know.
We believe in making the most of what we have. This truck load of spruce, fir and larch (tamarack) come from a lot being cleared for a lake side home. Rather than burn or bury, we try to see the value in what the land provides. This truck load has been sustainably harvested to make log reindeer for Christmas 2016.
Oct 01 2016
Here’s a short video on a technique to level out legs.
Oct 02 2016
Reindeer are now done, ready for delivery on Saturday. We’ll have to swing by a craft store en route to pick up some ribbon.