A tooth broke on the bucket a while back. Getting the pin out was not that difficult since the tooth was not in the way. Getting the new one back in was a bit of a challenge. The other side was not lining up enough. Now to get it back out and try again. Not as easy as it seems. I spend a couple hours already banging away at it with hammer and steel point.
That was not working. Best thing to do is stop and give it some thought. I’m not under a deadline for excavator work so I can do that.
The solution I came up with was to dig out my pneumatic palm nailer and using a steel pin (bolt cut off), and tap the tooth pin back out.
I did manage to get the pin out and replaced, along with another pin on another tooth. I made a short video if you are interested. See below.
Footnote to backhoe design, maybe next time install the pins vertical.
Feel free to leave your comments or questions below.