A friend was having this garage built so I, and another friend, gave him a helping hand. He had already arranged for the concrete pad to be poured, doing a lot of that preparation work himself. He arranged for a garage kit from Central Home Improvement to be delivered. Kits are fully equipped to build a garage although the homeowner should review materials list with builder to prevent extra trips back to cover any “extras” that the homeowner may add.
- Dimensions: 20 ft wide and 24 ft long
- Contruction: 2×4 walls and pre-fab trusses, gable ends braced to prevent racking (high wind area), waferboard sheathing on walls and roof deck. Asphalt shingles with ice shield and full perimeter aluminum drip edge, 20 ft ridge vent, 9 ft wide garage door, 1 – 30 inch man door and 3 windows
- Electrical: 60 amp 4 circuit panel flush mounted to Luan wall, interior receptacles as required by code, 6 ceiling lamps, 1 central ceiling mounted fan/light unit, 1 ceiling mounted receptacle, 3 exterior lights, 2 exterior weatherproof receptacles
- Exterior: Tyvek, vinyl siding and soffit, aluminum fascia.
- Interior: Insulated with R20 in the ceiling and R12 in the walls, vapor barrier, attic hatch built on site, gyproc on the ceiling (plastered and painted) and 3/16 inch Luan plywood on the walls. All baseboard, windows and doors trimmed as well and quarter-round installed as a ceiling/wall trim.