This project I made from a photo in a magazine. It is 36 inches long and 8 inches wide at the the top shelf. Made of 3/4 inch #2 pine most of which was scrap stock from the bin. The crown molding was my second attempt at using a 2 inch multi profile molding bit.
The dentil was a bit of a challenge for me since it was my first time making it using a 3/8 inch double fluted straight bit on the router table. No matter if I used a backer board to prevent tearout, I still got wood compression at the entry area of the dentil. The back panels are 1/8 inch pine panels that are free floating. They are set in place in a deep rabbet with 1/8 x 1/8 inch trim stock, no glue. I filled the nail holes by mixing yellow glue with the sawdust from the project. It was an experiment since I had not done anything like that before but it worked out well.
The piece is finished with 2 coats of cherry stain from Benjamin Moore paints. Test results earlier showed that I could achieve the color I wanted by not wiping the stain after it was applied. I got a nice burgendy color which, when 2 coats of polyurethane was applied, resulted in the color match I was looking for.